Friday, May 11, 2012

AKARAKA!!!

Today I went to AKARAKA!! So what exactly is AKARAKA? Well in layman's terms, Akaraka is Yonsei's yearly concert which is held in their Amphitheater. During Akaraka there are comedians, singing contests, school cheers, and (the best part) k-pop idols performing live k-pop songs! 


In order to go to Akaraka you NEED tickets. Tickets this year sold for 10,000 won a piece (roughly $10). The only catch is that the amphitheater can only hold so many people and it becomes a daunting task to get a hold of a ticket. I was told that half of the Yonsei University student body fails to get tickets. Luckily I had an amazing friend who hooked me up with VIP tickets which let me bypass the long line to get into the amphitheater. Normally for exchange students, Mentors club helps get tickets (normal tickets) but they are inefficient and it's a cumbersome process. This year mentors club only had 200 tickets and they sold the tickets the day before AKARAKA during KLI (the Korean language class most of the exchange students take) and there weren't enough for all the exchange students. The trick to getting tickets is to ask your upperclassmen friends (which are Korean students). 

My VIP Akaraka tickets
The VIP
Pre Akaraka
Comedians 
One of the many cheers! Yonsei has so much school spirit!!


PSY
Yonsei singing competition finalist 



What really shocked me was that there was a proposal during Akaraka! It was like something out of a k-drama and was really romantic. 





Girls Generation 

Another cool thing about Akaraka was that there was a mini laser show followed by fireworks!


And to end the night Akaraka finished with school cheers! I never ever seen a school with so much spirit! I'm so proud to attend Yonsei! It amazes me how all the students know the cheers and it's amazing to see a whole amphitheater cheer in sync. 







No comments:

Post a Comment